It's been one of those days... torrential rain, followed by torrential tears
(mine and the kids)... I ate at least two portions of this and I have no regrets...
tomorrow is another day!
Ingredients (for 2 portions, or 1 'I feel sorry for myself' portion):
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
1 hot red chilli
1 large sweet potato
100g cavalo nero
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 sachet instant brown rice miso soup paste dissolved in 600mls warm water
1/2 cup brown basmati rice
about 8 grinds of black pepper
1. add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to a deep pan.
2. chop the onion, garlic & chilli and add to the pan. soften on a gentle heat for around 10 minutes.
3. chop the sweet potato in to bite sized chunks and add to the pan
4. add the drained chickpeas, canned tomatoes & miso and bring to the boil
5. add the rice to the pan
6. chop the cavalo nero and add to the pan with a few grinds of black pepper and a splash of tamari
7. turn down the heat and simmer for around 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the sweet potato is soft. Keep an eye as the rice cooks and add more water if required.
8. serve and add tamari to taste
I very nearly cooked a Deliciously EllaCoconut Thai Curry, but realised I didn't
have half the ingredients... The addition of miso here is inspired by that curry,
and I absolutely love the taste!
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!