This one is about as fast as slow-food gets. In the time it takes to boil the brown rice the chilli is ready!
Ingredients for two:
1/2 cup brown basmati rice.
1 red onion
3 cloves garlic
300g vine cherry tomatos
1 hot red chilli
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 glass vegan primitivo (there are some good options until £10 at Waitrose)
Handful chopped coriander
1 can red kidney beans
pinch mixed herbs
1/2tsp sweet paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice. simmer for around 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Meanwhile…
2. heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat.
3. chop the onions and add to the pan. Soften but don’t brown.
4. chop the garlic and add to the pan. Be careful not to brown.
5. cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
6. chop the chilli and add to the pan.
7. add the primitivo and tomato puree. Allow to simmer
8. add the kidney beans, coriander, paprika and mixed herbs, stir and simmer.
9. salt and pepper to taste and serve on a bed of brown rice.
This is definitely fast slow-food! And it’s nutritious… Tim grates about a mountain of cheddar on top of his which is delicious, but obviously not vegan…!
I’d love to know how you get on with this one, let me know?!
One thought on “Fast Slow-Food, Quick Vegan Chilli…”