This is a great side or snack… The kids love it and I love picking on it when they have it! Using olive oil, and cutting out any dehydrated potato or additional starch or flavour that can be found in commercial potato products, these take 25 minutes in the oven. As quick as most frozen oven chips, and cheap too!
1 medium potato per person cut in to 6
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of sea salt
sprinkling of paprika (added by my lovely neighbour Louise)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C
2. Cut the potatoes in to eight and spread out on a baking tray.
3. drizzle the olive oil and pinch of sea salt over the potatoes and give them a shimmy.
4. bake for 25 mins (or until the flesh is browning and they’re cooked through) The sauce here comes from our Chilli Chicken Bestival Kebabs recipe… Which was inspired by Tim’s weekend jolly (sorry work trip) to Bestival a few weeks ago! If you fancy chicken with the chips check out this recipe…!
Ingredients for the Bestival Sauce:
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 birdseye chillis (you can skip these if your kids aren’t in to spice, or use a pinch of chilli flakes for warmth)
Thumb of ginger, peeled and cut in half
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tin coconut milk
100mls plain yoghurt
1. On a low heat add the rapeseed oil, coriander seeds, garlic, chillies, ginger and lemon juice. Soften but do not burn the garlic.
2. Add the coconut milk and simmer to reduce.
3. Remove the ginger from the pan and discard.
4. Add the yoghurt to the pan and mix to make a creamy sauce.
5. Serve & dip!
I hope you enjoy these!