My youngest daughter has discovered Gwen Stefani… so bananas can’t be bananas without a soundtrack! That’s why this milkshake is bananas B.A.N.A.N.A.S it’s a sensible diversion from the original expletive for a 5 year old! In fact, very many things have a soundtrack in our house. I have a musical brain, a degree in music and a short career in music behind me… so many words seem to trigger a song… (see Big Pizza Pie That’s Amore)… OK, so soundtracks aside, I had this milkshake for lunch yesterday, but it’d make a great breakfast too… or pudding, and of course its nutritious so you can feel virtuous whilst enjoying it!
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 B.A.N.A.N.A (make it a fair trade banana don’t force farmers out of business… support sustainable farming. Click the link to find out more)
1 large can organic* coconut milk (Check the label for the nasty preservatives on non-organic ranges)
1 handful frozen blueberries
4 tablespoons Chocolate Coconut Granola (3 to blend and 1 to top)
- I didn’t have any frozen bananas so used fresh, frozen would be great for a pudding though! Chop them and add them to the blender.
- Throw in a handful of frozen blueberries. (these are like sweets for my kids!)
- Add 3 tablespoons of chocolate coconut granola… (quick make some now!!)
- Top with a can of coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with another tablespoon of granola.
Is it just me? Or does the chocolate granola taste like cookie dough in this milkshake? “Isn’t it good (oh so good) isn’t it fine (oh so fine) isn’t it madness, it can’t be mine… wait it can… right now”! Glad to know I can pull out some classic Elaine Page / Barbara Dixon when required… It’s a pop party in a glass.. YUM! And for those of you wanting a little taste of that classic song… here it is…
Follow us on facebook,Twitter, Instagram & Pintrest