Hi everyone! So today is my birthday… I’ve spent the whole day home with two sick kiddies and one stir crazy dog who’s been looking at me with her ‘pleeeeease take me out eyes’ all day… We’ve baked birthday cake, cup cakes for the school cake bake, made pizza, baked bread, we’ve watched movies… My little girl fell asleep and fell off the sofa (she’s fine) and I just discovered that my son thinks his middle name is ‘Thompson’, it’s not!? I have no idea what the time it is but I haven’t even had a glass of wine yet… So just as I log in to see how the blog is going today, I found this amazing note from the lovely Katie over at ‘What’s Katie Up To’ to say she’s nominated me for The Liebster Award.
The Liebster award is to recognise and discover new Bloggers and to welcome them to the blogosphere! It’s given from Bloggers to Bloggers.
For those of you who read my last Facebook post you’ll have read that my blog is now 11 weeks old. In that 11 weeks I’ve received over 3200 views, and gained just over 700 followers across instagram, twitter, facebook and the wordpress community! And now a little recognition from a fab fellow blogger. What an AMAZING birthday present!
Thank you Katie, I would like to accept your nomination! Katie asked a few questions to find out a little more about my blog, and the answers are below:
1.Why did you decide to start blogging?
It was after a conversation with a gorgeous neighbour of mine. I write down all of my recipes in a book and she suggested I start a blog… So here I am, giving it a go..
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
Hole Food Family comes from our love of whole food, and an analogy my mum once used when when she was feeding us, she said we were like baby birds with our mouths open all the time! So Whole food / Hole food is one and the same in our house!
3. If your blog had a mission statement, what would it be?
To share the benefits of whole food nourishment, the joys of growing, cooking and eating healthy, hearty food.
4. What’s been the most rewarding part of becoming a blogger?
Undoubtedly the feedback from everyone who’s been reading. The positivity, praise and encouragement has been amazing.
5. What do you find to be the most challenging part of blogging?
Not worrying about posts that don’t get liked! 11 weeks ago no one but me & my family liked these recipes, it’s harder to be comfortable with that now they’re in the public!
6. What advice would you give to someone just starting a blog?
Just do it!
7. What have you learned from Blogging about yourself?
That I can be creative, and that feels like soul food!
8. If you could meet the one person who inspired your life, who would that be?
I’m inspired by nature, by anyone who is comfortable with who they are, and my kids… who grow out of what I feed them! That blows my mind.
9. What is your favorite quote?
If you’re following me on pintrest you’ll know I’m a quote-a-holic… There are so many that I love, but today I pinned:
“Stay close to anything that makes you glad to be alive”
10. What makes you happy?
Nurturing. Whether it’s the kids, the allotment, relationships, my sourdough starter, anything that gives life…
11. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
Content with my lot, whatever that is.
So here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
If you’d like to accept my nomination, here are my questions for you…
- What originally got you blogging?
- What do you most enjoy about blogging?
- Who or what, is your biggest inspiration in life?
- Who or What, are you most grateful for?
- Where would you most like to be right now?
- Do you have hopes or aspirations for your blog?
- Do you write anywhere else?
- Who would your 5 fantasy dinner party guests be?
- What would you cook for them?
- What advise would your 80 year old self give you right now, for the future?
- What advise would you give your 16 year old self about your future?
Rules of “The Liebster Blog”
- Create a blog post answering the questions above.
- In your post, link back to the person who nominated you. (That’s me!)
- After answering my questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with instructions and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide them with a link to your post.
- When you’re all done, comment below with the link to your post. I’d love to read your answers!
Thank to everyone mentioned above for your fab blogs and inspiration!