I love prawns, and I think prawns love chillies, garlic and ginger… This is a bit of a salad inspired by a Thai green curry (with prawns). Really it’s me wanting another curry but thinking I ought to have a salad instead… You see I’d eat a curry in one form or another every day very happily! So this is as far as as I can push a salad in the direction of a Thai curry! Of course you could go so far as to serve a side of spring rolls with it… By the way, did you know avocado jokes were a thing? The avocado link will take you to a few pictures which made me giggle!
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 large handfuls baby leaf spinach
1/2 Red Pepper
150 King Prawns
1 handful raw cashews
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
1/2 thumb grated ginger
2 tbsp coconut oil
juice 1/2 lime
salt & pepper
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on the hob. Crush the garlic, chop the chilli and grate the ginger in to the pan and stir on a gentle heat, add a little salt & pepper.
2. Add the prawns and cook through, around 7-8 minutes. Add the samphire and cashews around a minute or two from the end and stir through.
3. In a large salad bowl add 2 large handfuls of spinach, chopped red pepper.
4. Halve the avocado, remove the stone and from the inside slice the flesh lengthways, then crossways and squeeze the chunks out in to the salad bowl.
5. Squeeze the lime juice over the salad leaves and toss. Add the prawns and ingredients from the pan, to the salad bowl and mix. Serve Immediately.