Kids love Meatballs! It’s another food that could contain literally anything as far as they are concerned (and depending where they come from its possible they do)… but home-made it’s possible that they’re full of good nourishment, love and a few hidden extras if you like? This recipe is very simple, it makes 18 meatballs which can be frozen. If you’re feeling adventurous you could split the meat 50/50 beef & pork (or anything else you fancy), add baked sweet potato, beetroot, onions…Jello (no not really)
450g Organic Beef Mince
100g Homemade Breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp mixed herbs
1. Use a food processor to blend the mince, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, salt & mixed herbs.
2. Use a desert spoon to scoop up the mixture and form balls between the palms.
3. If freezing, place them straight in to a plastic storage pot.
4. To cook immediately, heat a couple of tsps olive oil in a pan on the hob. Add the meatballs, gently turning every couple of minutes until browned all over.
5. Add tomato passata and simmer until hot through.
The Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator, or FLDSMDFR for short!
Serve over pasta, with mashed potato, or rice!