I knew it’d
take a cracking dish to get me back to the blog… and this is most definitely it. Life has been multi-dimentional and so full lately, in the best possible way… But here’s some blog love. If you’re a pudding for breakfast lover then this should satiate you’re sweet yearnings. It’s sweet, salty, spicy and creamy. And as it happens it’s also nutritious, sugar-free and vegan. So. On. Trend!! Ahem. Anyway. Most importantly it’s a healthy, nutritious breakfast bowl and one I’m really proud to share… I hope you enjoy it, and definitely let me know what you think?!
Ingredients (for 1 bowl):
1 handful whole oats
2 large dessert spoons of coconut cream and milk (about 1/3 400ml can)
100mls of Almond Milk (Or more depending on how wet you like your oats)
1 handful pistachio kernels
4 dried apricots
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp maple syrup
1 pinch sea salt
1) Add the oats, coconut cream & milk, almond milk and nutmeg to a saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and gently simmer (adding more almond milk if the porridge becomes too dry).
2) Chop the apricots and add to the saucepan.
3) Add the pistachios and a pinch of salt to a mortar and roughly crush with a pestle. These could be roughly chopped with a knife if you don’t have a pestle and mortar.
4) Add the pistachios and salt to a frying pan on the hob, along with 1 tsp maple syrup. Stir and heat until the mixture is fully coated and sticking together. Remove from the heat.
5) Add the oats to a bowl and top with the pistachios and an extra sprinkling of nutmeg. Enjoy!