I’m not sure if this is an starter or a meal in itself? My portion sizes aren’t exactly very yoga (by which I mean make a bowl with your hands and that’s your portion size…) I just can’t decide how many times a day and how many servings per meal they mean…
This one was part of a tapas style ‘picky’ Friday night meal… so we probably vastly overate a lot of a very deliciously food!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
2 heads of chicory
2 handfuls walnut halves
100g goats cheese (the soft rolled type)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp butter
1) Break up the chicory so each leaf provides a little bowl for your cheese, pear & walnuts…
2) Slice the goats cheese in to discs and then halve.
3) Cut the pear in to approx. 1/2cm slices (discarding the core). Then cut each slice in to 1/2cm strips.
4) Melt a tsp of butter in a frying pan on the hob. Add the walnut halves and maple syrup and stir until bubbling. Remove from the heat, stir and allow to cool.
5) Place the walnuts, cheese and pear on the chicory and drizzle with balsamic vinegar!