In full fruit, in a hedgerow near you, the brambles are groaning under the weight of sweet, juicy blackberries. And what’s more, they are free! Free food. It’s blackberry season and to celebrate I’d love for as many of you as possible to share your favourite blackberry recipes. Please leave a link in the comments, it can be your own, or just a favourite… And in the mean time, here’s my own Blackberry Breakfast Muffin recipe…
Ingredients (makes 9 large muffins or 12 Cupcake sized muffins):
100g wholemeal spelt flour
100g golden caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla extract
90mls almond milk
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2) Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
3) Gently melt the butter, allow to cool slightly and mix with the egg, milk & vanilla
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir through the blackberries.
5) Spoon the mixture in to the muffin cases and bake for around 18 minutes (15 if you’re using cupcake sized cases). Or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
2 thoughts on “Blackberry Breakfast Muffins & Recipe Share”
Wow, these look yummy. I love that you could probably freeze them too!
Ooh must try these, I’ve got a blackberry bush bursting with fruit in the garden – and the bonus is the kids love them AND muffins, so combining the two has got to be a winner…