Happy New Year! Happy New You! So strictly speaking there’s nothing much detoxifying about these truffles, but if like me you’ve overindulged on the sweet stuff this holiday, you might be noticing how hard it is to go cold turkey (ahem, pun not intended). So you’ve either binned the excess holiday food in a fit of ‘I can’t take any more’ or you’re still working your way through it steadily… just a bite here and there (which is better than chocolate from breakfast again, isn’t it?!)… Either way the cravings don’t go away immediately… So – in a bid to transition from holiday overload to New Year lean mode these truffles provide a sweet hit, with all the whole food nutrition of dates, chia seeds and raw cacao… They’re just sweet enough and just virtuous enough to hit the spot any time of day, and they went down a storm at yesterday’s New Year Yoga Escape… So here’s the recipe for all those gorgeous Yogis who joined Zone in Yoga and I and the Harmony Centre in Walton yesterday:
Ingredients (makes around 30 truffles):
400g Pitted Medjool dates
125g 100% peanut butter
125g 100% almond butter
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
Around 100g raw cacao powder for dusting
- Remove the stones from the dates and set aside.
- Add the dates, nut butter, chia seeds and maple syrup to a powerful food processor.
- Pulse gently (so not to overhead the motor) until the mixture is relatively smooth and firmly blended.
- Dust a clean surface with cacao powder.
- Take tea-spoon sized measures of mixture, roll in to a ball in the palm of the hand, then roll in the cacao powder.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge to set.
- Store in the fridge.
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest & Facebook
Click here for more wholesome sweet treats…